We have been educating corporations throughout the world on machine safeguarding. Every year hundreds of people attend these machine safeguarding seminars. Participants come from a variety of industries including manufacturing, distribution, insurance, government, aerospace, and consulting.
- Understand how to safeguard your machines to meet the standards and best safety practices
- Determine the best types of safeguards for your applications and production requirements
- Learn what OSHA looks for during inspections
- Gain insights on how to incorporate ergonomics into your safeguarding methods
- Obtain safeguarding resources which can be used after the seminar
According to safety standards, when a machine creates a hazard to operators and other employees in the machine area, it must be safeguarded. Rockford Systems offers a machine safeguarding seminar to teach people in positions of responsibility how to safeguard the point of operation and other machine hazards to meet these safety standards. This 2.5-day seminar explains how to interpret the performance language of both OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration) and ANSI (American National Standards Institute) standards. Specific machine safeguarding situations are also discussed. Another section of the machine safeguarding seminar provides basic safeguarding guidelines for other metalworking machines using the ANSI B11-series safety standards.
Rockford Systems machine safeguarding seminars combine classroom discussion with demonstrations of machines under power. Hands-on experience with these machines and visual aids, including slides and videos, are also used. These teaching methods enable the participants to interpret the OSHA and ANSI standards as they relate to their specific machine applications and production requirements.