Keeps operators hands free from machinery by using cast-iron foot switches, designed for use on machinery with proper “Point of Operation” and “Pinch Point” guarding devices in place. This foot switch is protected from unintentional operation. A die-cast cover protects the top and both sides, and the front is protected by a hinged flap. The flap must be lifted with the toe before the foot may enter the switch. This is a more narrow foot switch and not well suited for bulky steel-toed shoes. Please refer to CTD-011 for bulky steel-toed shoe applications.
The Orange Washdown Foot Switch is one of the most rugged and toughest foot switches on the market. It was designed to stand up in the harshest environments while taking substantial abuse. A built-in foot guard gives the operator that extra added protection in the field. This heavy-duty foot switch can be used in multiple applications ranging from Welding to Man Lifts.
Open the Foot Switch Video in a new window
• Protected from washdowns and oil/coolant spraying.
• Treadle and base constructed from cast iron for strength and durability.
• Protected by a strong cast aluminum shield.
• Painted Alert Orange. (Custom colors available upon request)
• Single 3/4” – 14 N.P.T. threaded conduit entry is standard.
• Neoprene cover gasket plus o-rings on the activating shaft and a separate ground screw.
• Release is accomplished by simply pressing the latch with a light forward movement with the toe. The release is placed under the full shield so falling objects cannot easily release it
Switch Type Manual
Actuator Style Foot Pedal
Number of Speeds 1
Number of Circuits Controlled 1
Switch Starting Position 1 Off (Normally Open) or 1 On (Normally Closed)
Switch Action Springs Back (Momentary)
Industry Designation SPDT
Switching Current @ Voltage 20 A @ 125 V AC/250 V AC, 3 A @ 28 V DC
Width 5 7/8″
Height 4 3/8″
Housing Material Iron
Conduit Trade Size 3/4
Conduit Thread Type NPT
Conduit Connection Gender Female
Electrical Connection Type Hardwire
Wire Connection Type Screw Terminals
Number of Terminals 3
Guard Material Aluminum
Environment Oily, Washdown
Environmental Rating NEMA 4, NEMA 13
Specifications Met UL Listed
These switches meet requirements for protection from washdowns.They are activated by pressing with your foot, so they’re convenient for hands-free operation.
NEMA 4 and 13 rated switches are protected from washdowns and oil/coolant spraying.