Goes beyond OSHA and ANSI safety requirements
These electrically-interlocked 5-sided semicircular milling shields protect the operator from direct contact with rotating parts of the vertical spindle and from the projection of shavings, lubricants, and coolants. Attachable on the base flank, equipped with double opening system shield: 1) shield open-able horizontally on its axis, and 2) total “swinging” of the safety guard, outside of the field of work.
When the pressed-steel mill shield is moved away, the positive contacts on the microswitch open, sending a stop signal to the machine control. The safety microswitch electrical wires are furnished with a protective sheath and connect to the safety circuit of the machine that switches off the control to the movement of the chuck. All safety microswitches are mounted in an enclosed housing with an enclosure rating of IP67-rated as “dust tight” and protected against immersion.
The electrically-interlocked mill shields have a thermo-formed shield made from high impact-resistant, transparent polycarbonate that protects operators from the vertical spindle and shavings or lubricant. The shields, in tubular-steel frames, are attached with a steel clamp to a support arm that rotates 90° and operates the safety microswitch.
These mill shields are available in several sizes. A handle is furnished for lifting the shield up and out of the way for easy access to the workpiece and for changing bits.
1. Levelling anchorage stirrup – in tubular steel
2. Depth-adjustable safety guard support
3. Safety microswitch main box – 180 degree rotation – n. NC contacts
4. Horizontal adjustment clamp
5. Articulated arms – in tubular steel
6. Rubbing articulation with friction disc
7. Shield-arm connection clamp in pressed steel
8. Shield structure – in tubular steel
9. Thermo-formed shield – in plastic shockproof and oil-resistant material