Ejection Curtain Guarding Kits for Presses are designed for organizations that require a superior hydraulic press safety solution to help protect their employees and prevent injuries caused by flying, rolling or sliding debris. Most commonly used on H-presses or compacting presses that are hydraulic powered, the ejection curtains are coiled wire fabric machine guards, widely used in the manufacturing and fabrication industries to guard operators from ejected parts and debris during machine use. This product meets ANSI B11.2 ref 8.2.1. “flying objects” clause, pending results of the risk assessment to determine the likelihood and force potential for throwing objects (note, a “shield” does not need to be a hard guard).
Features & Benefits:
• Guards can easily be opened to load and inspect a part then closed and secured during press operation
• 1/4″ weave 19-gauge steel coiled wire fabric allows visibility of the machine process without sacrificing the operator’s safety
• Available in three standard sizes (40.5″, 42.75″ and 51″), the kits fit most hydraulic presses
• Available in custom sizes for special applications (see below)
• Fireproof and virtually maintenance free
• Corrosion resistant
The Ejection Curtain Guarding Kits include:
• Adjustable Steel Pipe Frame Assembly Kit
• Steel Coil Curtain with Safety Black Finish
• Industrial Safety Hooks
• Vertical Mounting Brackets
• Note: 3/8” diameter mounting hardware not included
• Note: Each Press Guard Kit only protects (1) side of the press
• Small 40.5″ Kit: A dimension 16.25” Depth, B dimension 40.125” Length, C dimension 74” Height (weight 48.5 lb)
• Medium 42.75” Kit: A dimension 16.25” Depth, B dimension 42.375” Length, C dimension 74” Height (weight 51.0 lb)
• Large 51” Kit: A dimension 16.25” Depth, B dimension 50.625” Length, C dimension 74” Height (weight 53.5 lb)
If you are interested in purchasing a custom size, please have the following information available when contacting us:
1. What is the width of the press frame?
2. What is the height of the press frame?
3. What is the depth of the press frame, front to back?
4. Is there anything attached to either side of the press frame (i.e. pump)? If so, how far does this extend beyond the frame?
5. What is the total requested width (B) of the Custom Circular Frame Ejection Curtain? It is recommended that this width equal the actual press width + side attachment measurement + 6″.
6. What is the total requested depth (A) of the Custom Circular Frame Ejection curtain? It is recommended that this depth equal half of the actual press depth (to cover one side) + 6″. A minimum depth of 12″ is required.
7. Pictures of the press from all 4 sides, available to email.
Contact us at 1-800-922-7533 for a quote today!