Our Hazard Analysis Solution.
Since 1971, Rockford Systems has provided a full spectrum of machine safeguarding solutions, meeting a variety of needs, timeframes and cost requirements for many of the world’s leading manufacturers.
Some organizations start the machine safeguarding process with a Machine Risk Assessment. A task-based risk assessment is a proven, methodical tool to identify, assess, and document the hazards of operating machinery, as well as quantify and prioritize risks according to their ranking or score. The risk assessment is recommended for companies deploying new, older or refurbished machinery, or those that recently relocated metal-working machines or automation cells that need hazard identification and risk scoring. The Machine Risk Assessment deliverable is a Hazard Analysis Report.
Experienced. Trusted. Committed.
Leveraging an experienced team of safeguarding specialists, all of whom have dedicated OSHA, ANSI and NFPA 79 standards expertise, our onsite risk assessment provides your organization with a thorough understanding of your machine hazards.
Using your machine list and our proprietary RSXpress™ mobile inspection tool, Rockford Systems will identify the tasks and associated hazards on your machinery and score the risk level using the ANSI B11.0-2015 safety standard methods. All applicable OSHA regulations and ANSI/NFPA standards will be considered during the machine review. Suggestions will be made to lower the hazard level, and detailed documentation will be provided that outlines the results based on the scope and acceptable level of safety that your organization requires.
Specifically, our safeguarding specialists will:
- Visually inspect mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems on machines
- Function test machines
- Function test safety devices
- Analyze machine hazards
- Analyze operator tasks
- Analyze machine tooling and uses
- Detail audit findings including severity of injury, exposure frequency and avoidance likelihood
- Provide hazard reduction recommendations required to comply with OSHA, ANSI and NFPA 79 standards
The risk assessment process encompasses 7 Simple Steps and generally takes 90 days (for an average sized project):
- Discuss acceptable levels of safety your organization requires and a statement of work
- Submit machine list, pictures and video footage (if available) for analysis
- Approve risk assessment quote
- Schedule risk assessment at your facility
- Conduct risk assessment*
- Submit additional machine data (such as schematics) if required
- Provide Hazard Analysis Report, discuss findings and possible next steps
*Arrangements will be necessary for an electrician to be available to open control enclosures during the assessments. The presence of an experienced machine operator will also required during the assessment as only an operational machine can be properly assessed.
Upon completion of the Machine Risk Assessment, our team will assure a positive outcome by detailing, scoring and ranking hazards on your machinery.
No guesswork. No hidden fees. No surprises.
Success in a manufacturing environment means getting the most out of every person, machine and process. Rockford Systems delivers proven capabilities and unmatched experience — that is why we are the industry’s first safeguarding choice and most trusted partner.
Download a sample Machine Risk Assessment HERE.
Call 1-800-922-7533 for more information or complete the form below to schedule your Machine Risk Assessment.