Proven Expertise in Lockout Compliance
Rockford Systems and The Master Lock Company formed a partnership to provide our customers with the best possible lockout/tagout solution. Master Lock’s team of lockout experts help ensure that your facility is fully compliant through our systematic audit and visual lockout procedure writing process. Master Lock technicians have years of experience writing programs and procedures for companies across all industries. Whether you need to improve your existing machine-specific procedures or develop an entirely new lockout program, Master Lock can help.
Lockout procedures are required for all machinery with multiple energy sources within a facility.
Visual lockout procedures have become the industry standard and provide workers with a reference tool for easily identifying how to:
• Shut down and control hazardous energy
• Apply and remove lockout equipment
• Verify machinery is in a zero energy state
Lockout Program Development
Your written lockout program needs to specify the ways your company will meet compliance requirements through an efficient, best practices approach. Through an on-site consultation, the Master Lock team will assess your workplace to develop a comprehensive lockout program using the following methodology:
• A review of your existing lockout program
• A facility tour to assess current lockout practices and identify machine or system hazards
• A review and assessment of content for any existing lockout procedures
• A review of lockout-related inspection records
• Conduct an interview to address site-specific details for development of your new or updated lockout program
• An electronic, editable written lockout compliance program is released to you for implementation and continuous evaluation
Lockout Verification Process
All new and updated lockout procedures should be tested and verified before implementation. You can refer to the safety guidelines outlined in the ANSI Z244.1 2016 standard.
Additionally, here are few steps to help you through the verification process:
• First, locate and shut down the machinery and/or equipment the procedures were developed for.
• Next, walk through the lockout program and confirm all written procedures produce safe working conditions.
• Lastly, sign and date the written procedure(s). This is documenting effective testing and verification. The written lockout procedure is ready for implementation.
• If any changes are needed to achieve a safe working condition, then submit these modifications to your safety service technician. Changes do not incur additional cost. The revised procedure is returned promptly for retesting and verification by your approved representatives.
Please call Rockford Systems at 1-800-922-7533 or The Master Lock Company at 1-800-604-9258 for more information.