Rockford Systems provides machine safeguarding and combustion safety solutions to industrial organizations, helping them reduce risk and improve worker safety.
If OUR CULTURE seems like a fit for you, we invite you to join the Rockford Systems Team and continue reading about this exciting opportunity!
• Passion – We have a passion for keeping our employees and our customers employees and organizations safe in their place of work and we go the extra mile to make sure, this happens.
• Integrity – We always act with the highest degree of integrity and honesty within our organization and with our customers. We always treat our customers, our stakeholders, and our fellow employees with respect.
• Accountability – We set a high standard for achieving our goals and we are accountable to our fellow employees and our customers for delivering the Rockford Systems Brand Promise. We take enormous pride in our work and we ensure that we exceed our customers’ expectations each and every day. We are accountable to our stakeholders; our employees, our customers, our vendors, our owners as well as the communities in which we operate.
• Balance – We strive for excellence at work and in our personal lives and we understand that it is important to achieve a healthy balance between work and life outside of work.
• Sustainability – We are building a business that is sustainable for the long run and we focus on the triple bottom line – people, profit and planet.
The role of the Lab Technician: Assembles and modifies sub-assemblies, final assemblies and systems pursuant to manufacturing drawings and instructions.
The Lab Technician reports to the Director of Engineering and Operations.
The Lab Technician is responsible for executing all aspects of the processes. These responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Assembles and modifies sub-assemblies, final assemblies and systems pursuant to manufacturing drawings and instructions.
• Tests work in process and finished products according to established performance criteria
• Troubleshoots electronics at the component level
• Provides technical service support and authorizes returns, warranty and non-warranty
• Troubleshoots electrical problems to determine root cause and recommends corrective action.
• Recognizes failures and set up problems, isolates problems, and takes appropriate action to resolve those problems.
• Completes all manufacturing, engineering and related documentation pursuant to established criteria
• Advanced training in electronic theory such as one would receive at a technical trade school, military training, an Associate degree program, or multiple years of on the job training.
• Must possess problem solving skills, strong digital and analog skills, ability to troubleshoot in a logical manner.
• Professional, clear verbal and written communication.
• Must have experience using the following equipment: multimeters, oscilloscopes, hand tools, such as soldering irons, hand crimpers, screwdrivers, wrenches, and pliers.
• Generate failure analysis and problem report to management.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Operates oscilloscopes, meters, power supplies, and test fixtures, and understands their use and function.
• Operates hand tools and small power tools and understands their use and function.
• Self-motivated team player eager to learn
• Strong analytical and decision-making skills and passion for a broad range of hardware and software technologies
• Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action
• Skills to prioritize activities, demonstrate initiative, flexibility and adaptability as the business grows and evolves.
• Inspects all work before passing on to the next operations.
• Performs inspections on industrial panels.
• Keeps supervisor apprised of all unresolved and/or potential problems that would negatively affect manufacturing schedules.
• Ability to travel occassionally for projects (if required)
• Associates Degree Electrical / Electronics Engineering
• Must possess computer skills with knowledge of MS Office applications
• Strong experience of electrical and mechanical concepts with the ability to read and understand both electrical and mechanical schematics and drawings
• Ability to work well with Customers, Engineering, Technical Support, Sales and Installation team members
WHAT WE OFFER
• Excellent pay and benefits package which includes medical, dental and life insurance, 401K and optional flexible spending account (FSA)
• Paid vacation/holidays
• Outdoor walking track, indoor showers
• Free Planet Fitness membership
• Free employee coffee and purified water
• OSHA 10 safety training
• PPE commensurate for job responsibilities
To apply for this position, please send your resume and desired salary to:
Director of Engineering and Operations
Rockford Systems LLC
5795 Logistics Parkway
Rockford, IL 61109
Toll Free: 800-922-7533