Rockford Systems provides machine safeguarding and combustion safety solutions to industrial organizations, helping them reduce risk and improve worker safety.
If OUR CULTURE seems like a fit for you, we invite you to join the Rockford Systems Team and continue reading about this exciting opportunity!
- Passion – We have a passion for keeping our employees and our customers employees and organizations safe in their place of work and we go the extra mile to make sure, this happens.
- Integrity – We always act with the highest degree of integrity and honesty within our organization and with our customers. We always treat our customers, our stakeholders, and our fellow employees with respect.
- Accountability – We set a high standard for achieving our goals and we are accountable to our fellow employees and our customers for delivering the Rockford Systems Brand Promise. We take enormous pride in our work and we ensure that we exceed our customers’ expectations each and every day. We are accountable to our stakeholders; our employees, our customers, our vendors, our owners as well as the communities in which we operate.
- Balance – We strive for excellence at work and in our personal lives and we understand that it is important to achieve a healthy balance between work and life outside of work.
- Sustainability – We are building a business that is sustainable for the long run and we focus on the triple bottom line – people, profit and planet.
The role of the Safety Controls Engineer is to design, develop, and supervise all aspects of electrical control systems, equipment, and machinery. May be responsible for the installation and technical support of PLC-based hardware and software.
The Safety Controls Engineer reports to the Director of Engineering and Operations.
The Safety Controls Engineer is responsible for executing all aspects of the engineering process. These responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform electrical engineering functions to include designing and creating safety circuits and interface controls for safety products (new safety controls will be required to interface to existing machine and process line control systems).
- Redesign of existing control systems in order to incorporate control reliability, new functions, and/or circuits.
Work with new and existing customers and salesperson’s to plan and implement safeguarding strategies and equipment safeguarding product solutions from conception to completion.
- Test, troubleshoot, and modify machine control systems as required (on the factory floor).
- Responsible for control reliability as defined by OSHA, ANSI, and applicable machine & process safety standards.
- Ability to travel for projects (if required)
- Bachelors Degree or Masters Degree in Electrical Engineering (Technical Degree may be considered)
- Requires 1 to 5 years experience in machine electrical design and safety control design
- Must possess computer skills with knowledge of MS Office applications, SolidWorks, and PLC programming
- Strong experience of electrical and mechanical concepts with the ability to read and understand both electrical and mechanical schematics and drawings
- Strong background in working with safeguarding products and/or the application of electrical products on automation equipment in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to work well with Engineering, Technical Support, Sales and Installation team members
WHAT WE OFFER
- Excellent pay and benefits package which includes medical, dental and life insurance, 401K and optional flexible spending account (FSA)
- Paid vacation/holidays
- Outdoor walking track, indoor showers
- Free Plant Fitness membership
- Free employee coffee and purified water
- OSHA 10 safety training
- PPE commensurate for job responsibilities
To apply for this position, please send your resume and desired salary to:
Director of Engineering and Operations
Rockford Systems LLC
5795 Logistics Parkway
Rockford, IL 61109
Toll Free: 800-922-7533