Rockford Systems provides machine safeguarding and combustion safety solutions to industrial organizations, helping them reduce risk and improve worker safety.
If OUR CULTURE seems like a fit for you, we invite you to join the Rockford Systems Team and continue reading about this exciting opportunity!
- Passion – We have a passion for keeping our employees and our customers employees and organizations safe in their place of work and we go the extra mile to make sure, this happens.
- Integrity – We always act with the highest degree of integrity and honesty within our organization and with our customers. We always treat our customers, our stakeholders, and our fellow employees with respect.
- Accountability – We set a high standard for achieving our goals and we are accountable to our fellow employees and our customers for delivering the Rockford Systems Brand Promise. We take enormous pride in our work and we ensure that we exceed our customers’ expectations each and every day. We are accountable to our stakeholders; our employees, our customers, our vendors, our owners as well as the communities in which we operate.
- Balance – We strive for excellence at work and in our personal lives and we understand that it is important to achieve a healthy balance between work and life outside of work.
- Sustainability – We are building a business that is sustainable for the long run and we focus on the triple bottom line – people, profit and planet.
The role of the Installation Technician is to safely and accurately install safeguarding products on customers’ factory machines.
The Installation Technician reports to the Installation Manager.
The Installation Technician is responsible for all aspects of the safeguarding installation process within a customers’ manufacturing environment. These responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Plan, implement and execute turnkey safety integration and installation projects.
- Possess electrical and mechanical abilities to trouble shoot and install electrical controls, switches and machine guarding.
- Perform machine assessments and implement engineering design changes that are required in the field.
- Work with the Installation Manager and project Managers to ensure complete collaboration with company goals and direction (budgets, timelines, resources, etc.)
- Complete installation projects to meet or exceed customer’s expectations of on-time installations and budget requirements.
- Effectively communicate and train customer personnel on newly installed safeguarding solutions.
- Follow up with customer after job completion to insure tools and equipment are properly transported from job site.
- Contribute to “Continuous Improvement” of processes.
- Complete, maintain, and process pertinent paperwork, reports and records as required in a timely manner (time sheets, service and expense reports).
- Manage personal finances for living expenses based on Per Diem Rates.
- Ability to travel 75%+.
- Other duties and functions may be assigned.
- Approximately 90% travel to customer plants. Manufacturing plants normally involve exposure to heat, noise, and hazardous industrial machinery.
- Remainder of time spent in a typical office environment interacting with Sales, Engineering, Technical Support and other department employees.
- Extensive training and PPE are provided to employees. We are a safety company; we care about your safety!
- Has worked in a manufacturing environment with responsibilities for machinery and accessory installations
- Ability to independently solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations quickly and effectively
- Strong electrical and mechanical aptitude with the ability to read and understand both electrical schematics and mechanical drawings.
- Knowledge of applicable safety standards (OSHA, ANSI, CSA) a plus
- Background working with safeguarding products and the application of safeguarding products.
- Ability to travel domestically (possibly internationally) to projects – approximately 85%
- Minimum of 3-5 years in related field
- High School Diploma or GED
- Clean driving record, valid driver’s license and U.S. passport
WHAT WE OFFER
- Excellent pay and benefits package which includes medical, dental and life insurance, 401K and optional flexible spending account (FSA)
- Travel per diem
- Paid vacation/holidays
- Outdoor walking track, indoor showers
- Free Plant Fitness membership
- Free employee coffee and purified water
- OSHA 30 and NFPA 70E safety training
- PPE commensurate for job responsibilities
To apply for this position, please submit resume and desired salary to:
Director of Machine Safeguarding Services
Rockford Systems LLC
5795 Logistics Parkway
Rockford, IL 61109
Toll Free: 800-922-7533