Headquartered in Rockford, Illinois, Rockford Systems, LLC delivers engineered, industrial plant safety solutions for organizations using metalworking, automation, material handling or thermal processing in their operations. Since 1971, Rockford Systems has specialized in the design and installation of safeguarding systems for industrial fabrication equipment, manufacturing systems and robotics cells that meet or exceed applicable safety regulations and standards. Today Rockford Systems offers an unparalleled industrial turnkey safety solution portfolio that also includes consulting, inspections, advanced technologies and combustion safety solutions, further underscoring its commitment to total plant safety. These combined risk reduction solutions enable organizations to dramatically improve compliance and worker safety without disrupting productivity.
Join our team for a rewarding career in safety! Rockford Systems has immediate openings for experienced skilled installation technicians. Candidates should have 2 – 5 years electrical/mechanical experience in a manufacturing environment, with an emphasis on industrial machinery and equipment. Qualified candidates will possess strong electrical and mechanical troubleshooting skills and must be versed in troubleshooting industrial equipment. To be considered, candidates should submit an up to date resume and salary requirements.
The Installation Technician is responsible for all aspects of the safeguarding installation process within a customers’ manufacturing environment. These responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Plan, implement and execute turnkey safety integration and installation projects.
- Possess electrical and mechanical abilities to trouble shoot and install electrical controls, switches and machine guarding.
- Perform machine assessments and implement engineering design changes that are required in the field.
- Work with the Installation Manager and project Managers to ensure complete collaboration with company goals and direction (budgets, timelines, resources, etc.)
- Complete installation projects to meet or exceed customer’s expectations of on-time installations and budget requirements.
- Effectively communicate and train customer personnel on newly installed safeguarding solutions.
- Follow up with customer after job completion to insure tools and equipment are properly transported from job site.
- Contribute to “Continuous Improvement” of processes.
- Complete, maintain, and process pertinent paperwork, reports and records as required in a timely manner (time sheets, service and expense reports).
- Manage personal finances for living expenses based on Per Diem Rates.
- Ability to travel 75%+.
- Other duties and functions may be assigned.
- Personable and professional.
- Attention to detail.
- Self-motivated, assertive, persistent and dependable.
- Expert at accomplishing tasks and goals through the team atmosphere.
- Ability to quickly and effectively respond to questions from managers, customers, installers and sub-contractors.
- High energy, the ability to multi-task, and manage ever changing priorities.
- Strong problem-solving abilities.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills. Ability to work independently.
- Demonstrates planning, organization and implementation skills.
- Takes initiative, is a decisive decision maker and shows confidence in the decision.
Skills, Background and Experience
- Has worked in a manufacturing environment with responsibilities for machinery and accessory installations.
- Ability to independently solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations quickly and effectively.
- Strong electrical and mechanical aptitude with the ability to read and understand both electrical schematics and mechanical drawings.
- Knowledge of applicable safety standards (OSHA, ANSI, CSA) a plus.
- Background working with safeguarding products and the application of safeguarding products.
- Ability to travel domestically to projects – approximately 75%.
- Minimum of 3-5 years in related field.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Good driving record and current driver’s license.
As a part of your total compensation, Rockford Systems provides a comprehensive, competitive benefit package. The benefit plans address both the immediate and long-term needs that you and your family may have. Here is a sample of what we have to offer for full-time employees.
Competitive Wage, Per Diem for Travel
Insurance – Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
Paid Time Off – Vacation, Personal Time, Sick Time, and Holidays
Investments – 401k and Flexible Spending Accounts
Please submit salary requirements with resume to:
Rockford Systems LLC
5795 Logistics Parkway
Rockford, IL 61109
Toll Free: 800-922-7533