Rockford Systems provides machine safeguarding and combustion safety solutions to industrial organizations, helping them reduce risk and improve worker safety.
If OUR CULTURE seems like a fit for you, we invite you to join the Rockford Systems Team and continue reading about this exciting opportunity!
- Passion – We have a passion for keeping our employees and our customers employees and organizations safe in their place of work and we go the extra mile to make sure, this happens.
- Integrity – We always act with the highest degree of integrity and honesty within our organization and with our customers. We always treat our customers, our stakeholders, and our fellow employees with respect.
- Accountability – We set a high standard for achieving our goals and we are accountable to our fellow employees and our customers for delivering the Rockford Systems Brand Promise. We take enormous pride in our work and we ensure that we exceed our customers’ expectations each and every day. We are accountable to our stakeholders; our employees, our customers, our vendors, our owners as well as the communities in which we operate.
- Balance – We strive for excellence at work and in our personal lives and we understand that it is important to achieve a healthy balance between work and life outside of work.
- Sustainability – We are building a business that is sustainable for the long run and we focus on the triple bottom line – people, profit and planet.
The role of the Machine Safeguarding Specialist is to identify customer needs through a detailed risk and machine assessment process thereby developing safeguarding solutions. The primary focus of this technical sales position is building credibility with plant-level employees during on-site assessments by providing accurate machine identification, knowledge of safety requirements, and development of safeguarding options based on unique manufacturing processes.
The Machine Safeguarding Specialist is responsible for assisting customers with complex (applications based or customized/engineered) product requests and on-site survey requests.
The Machine Safeguarding Specialist is responsible for managing existing and developing new relationships with Factory Authorized Representatives in their geographic territory which includes industrial supply companies, OEM’s (original equipment manufacturers), and machine rebuilders. Rockford Systems has strong relationships throughout the insurance industry, which requires interaction with loss control and risk management employees seeking advice and assistance with clients.
The Machine Safeguarding Specialist reports to the Vice President-Machine Safeguarding Services or the Director of Machine Safeguarding Services, depending upon the geography and experience.
The Machine Safeguarding Specialist-Regional Manager is responsible for managing all safeguarding activities within a designated geographic territory. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Follow-up on complex customer inquiries or assessment leads which are generated through marketing activities, in-bound phone calls, and our website. Qualify survey leads.
- Provide applications assistance and maintain solid relationships with current and prospective Factory Authorized Representatives in designated geographic territory.
- Provide applications assistance to Customer Service Department for customer inquiries.
- Schedule and conduct Machine Safeguarding Assessments and generate proposals using our proprietary automated system called RSXpress.
- Ability to identify and understand different uses for industrial machinery.
- Understand and communicate all relevant machine safeguarding standards and regulations including OSHA, ANSI B11 series, NFPA 79, and CSA.
- Have an intimate knowledge of machine safeguarding products and specific services Rockford Systems offers.
- Ability to create custom and engineered safeguarding solutions for complex customer needs.
- Continue education of regulation/standards, machinery, and application to remain current with industry changes (regulatory and technological).
- Follow-up on customer proposals.
- Secure orders for project proposals.
- Assist with installation/integration portion of projects as necessary.
- Meet and exceed annual sales goals for territory
- Develop and maintain relationships with customers
- Become trusted advisor to our customers through becoming an expert in machine safeguarding standards and regulations, industrial machinery, and application of safeguarding equipment
- Approximately 75% travel to customer plants. Manufacturing plants normally involve exposure to heat, noise, and hazardous industrial machinery.
- Remainder of time spent in a typical office environment interacting with customers, sales and other department employees.
- Extensive training and PPE are provided to employees. We are a safety company; we care about your safety!
- 4-year bachelor’s degree or equivalent industry specific work experience.
- Previous work experience in industrial sales or Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) a plus.
- Strong mechanical or electrical aptitude.
- Detail-oriented, highly organized.
- Proficient in MS Office tools and Salesforce.com.
- Ability to manage a complex sales schedule (office time, time spent on-site, quote generation, customer interaction, customer needs).
- Safety certifications, such as CSP or QSSP, are strongly desired.
- Clean driving record, valid driver’s license and U.S. passport
WHAT WE OFFER
- Excellent pay and benefits package which includes medical, dental and life insurance, 401K and optional flexible spending account (FSA)
- Paid vacation/holidays
- Outdoor walking track, indoor showers
- Free Plant Fitness membership
- Free employee coffee and purified water
- OSHA 10 safety training
- PPE commensurate for job responsibilities
To apply for this position, please send your resume and desired salary to:
VP of Machine Safeguarding
Rockford Systems LLC
5795 Logistics Parkway
Rockford, IL 61109
Toll Free: 800-922-7533