Headquartered in Rockford, Illinois, Rockford Systems, LLC delivers engineered, industrial plant safety solutions for organizations using metalworking, automation, material handling or thermal processing in their operations. Since 1971, Rockford Systems has specialized in the design and installation of safeguarding systems for industrial fabrication equipment, manufacturing systems and robotics cells that meet or exceed applicable safety regulations and standards. Today Rockford Systems offers an unparalleled industrial turnkey safety solution portfolio that also includes consulting, inspections, advanced technologies and combustion safety solutions, further underscoring its commitment to total plant safety. These combined risk reduction solutions enable organizations to dramatically improve compliance and worker safety without disrupting productivity.
The role of the Machine Safeguarding Specialist is to identify customer needs through a detailed machine surveys process thereby developing and selling innovative safeguarding solutions. The primary focus of this technical sales position is building credibility with plant level employees during on-site surveys by providing accurate machine identification, knowledge of safety requirements, and development of safeguarding options based on unique manufacturing processes.
The Machine Safeguarding Specialist is responsible for assisting customers with complex (applications based or customized/engineered) product requests and on-site survey requests.
The Machine Safeguarding Specialist-Regional Manager is responsible for managing existing and developing new relationships with Factory Authorized Representatives in their geographic territory which includes industrial supply companies, OEM’s (original equipment manufacturers), and machine rebuilders. Rockford Systems has strong relationships throughout the insurance industry, which requires interaction with loss control and risk management employees seeking advice and assistance with clients.
Machine Safeguarding Specialist reports directly to the Vice President-Machine Safeguarding Services
Reports directly to the VP-Machine Safeguarding Specialist as an important part of the Safeguarding Services Team. The Machine Safeguarding Specialist-Regional Manager is responsible for managing all safeguarding activities within a designated geographic territory. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Follow-up on complex customer inquiries or survey leads which are generated through marketing activities, in-bound phone calls, and our website. Qualify survey leads.
- Provide applications assistance and maintain solid relationships with current and prospective Factory Authorized Representatives in designated geographic territory.
- Provide applications assistance to Customer Service Department for customer inquiries.
- Schedule and Conduct Machine Safeguarding Assessments and generate proposals using Rockford Systems proprietary automated system.
- Ability to Identify and understand different uses for industrial machinery.
- Understand and communicate all relevant machine safeguarding standards and regulations including OSHA, ANSI B11 series, NFPA 79, and CSA.
- Have an intimate knowledge of machine safeguarding products and specific services Rockford Systems offers.
- Ability to create custom and engineered safeguarding solutions for complex customer needs.
- Continue education of regulation/standards, machinery, and application to remain current with industry changes (regulatory and technological).
- Follow-up on customer proposals.
- Secure orders for project proposals.
- Assist with installation/integration portion of projects as necessary.
- Meet and exceed annual sales goals for territory
- Develop and maintain relationships with customers
- Become trusted advisor to our customers through becoming an expert in machine safeguarding standards and regulations, industrial machinery, and application of safeguarding equipment
- Approximately 50% travel to customer plants. Manufacturing plants normally involve exposure to heat, noise, and hazardous industrial machinery.
- Remainder of time spent in a typical office environment interacting with customers, sales and other department employees.
- 4-year bachelor’s degree or equivalent industry specific work experience.
- Previous work experience in industrial sales or EHS a plus.
- Strong mechanical or electrical aptitude.
- Detail-oriented, highly organized.
- Proficient in MS Office tools.
- Ability to manage a complex sales schedule (office time, time spent on-site, quote generation, customer interaction, customer needs).
To apply for this position, please contact:
VP of Machine Safeguarding
Rockford Systems LLC
5795 Logistics Parkway
Rockford, IL 61109
Toll Free: 800-922-7533